Happy new year Cherish Body Family! We want you to start the year revitilized , healthy and ready for anything that may come our way. On today’s post we want to offer you some advice to start the year with a clean diet.
What is eating clean?
When we go to the super market we will find processed food everywhere making it harder to make a clean choice. There are different types of processes a food product will undergo and not all of them are bad. We just advice you to abstain yourself from consuming those products that have substances added to make their shelve life longer or those with artificial colors just to make them more attractive or prettier looking.
Some of the side effects of consuming these products are:
- weight gain
- high blood pressure
- feeling tired
- feeling sleepy
- premature aging
Tips to start eating clean:
- Eliminate refined white sugar from diet. We don’t only mean the sugar you add to your coffee. Refined sugar is present in soda, can foods, bread , candies, yogurt and box cereals. Keep in mind every 3 grams of sugar is a tea spoon of sugar so imagine a small cook with 23 gr. of sugar what happens if you eat 3 cookies.
- Consume only whole grains like brown rice or quinoa
- Reduce or stop you consumption of box cereals because they are saturated with sugar and have little or no nutritional value.
- Watch out for the amount of salt there is in your food specially on cold meats, sala dressings and microwaveable foods.
- Always read the labels of the food you buy , stay aways from those products with ingredients you can’t pronounce avid food with corn syrup it has been linked with insulin unbalances.
As time goes by our skin is the first one to suffer it’s effects.It becomes less firm an more tired looking this is perfectly normal because our body stops producing the same quantity of collagen and other elements that give it it’s youth.
The changes that occur are not only on our face but also on our neck, eyelids and body. Here is our top advice to prevent losing the firmness on your skin.
Being exposed to the ultraviolet rays of the sun damages your skin making it age and ultimately making it loose it firmness. Protecting your face and sun exposed body parts with sunscreen will prevent the awful effects.
Dramatic weight loss or weight gain
Dramatic weight changes have a big impact on the firmness of your skin. When you lose weight to fast your skin doesn’t have the time to tone itself, when you gain weight to fast you will stretch out your skin. We recommend you have a moderate weight lost and accompany it with exercise and weight lifting. When you are pregnant and have a dramatic weight gain keep your skin hydrated with coconut oil or organ oil.
Avoid Harsh Exfoliation
Light exfoliation is recommended two to three times a week but we strongly advise against harsh exfoliation.
We can already feel the Holiday spirit coming!! And this means maybe we will let our selfs go with the delicious food and drinks. This is totally ok ! Do not feel guilty… we only live once. So here we have some advice to restore your healthy body and skin this season. It’s super easy
I know you think we always say this but really , it makes such a huge diference. It will prevent your body from storing all those toxins and it will cleanse you inside out. It will help your skin stay hydrated and it will also prevent bloating of the body.
Hydrate your skin correctly
Applying body lotion but be done the right way. Try doing it right away after you shower this will seal the humidity and see your skin feeling soft and looking radiant. We recommend you stay away from lotions that have alcohol on them because those will have the opposite effect
Drinking alcohol affects the levels of potassium in your body. Low levels of it will make you feel tired. So when ever you get a chance say yes to bananas and try to include fish in the holiday menu. You’ll feel stronger and it will keep you motivated to stay in the gym.
Let the Holidays Begin!!!
Do you wish to make your facial effects last longer?
Well… I have good news. It’s possible !
It’s not that hard. These hacks will transform your skin from the inside out!
- Use sunblock. This will protect your skin from the premature aging effects of the sun we recommend using an SPF 50 or lower.
- If you smoke we really encourage you to consider stoping. The effects on your skin are really damaging . Premature aging is highly linked to smoking.
- Treat your skin with love avoid aggressive exfoliants.We recommend you not to exfoliate your skin everyday.
- Have a healthy diet rich in berries they are the best antioxidants.
- Keep yourself hydrated consume a least 8 glasses of water a day. You will really notice the difference this makes on your skin.
- Try to stay stress free. I know this is easier said than done.
Try these six things and let us know if you see any improvement!
Remember to Cherish your Body !
Among all the options we have for hair removal we believe waxing is the best one! It lasts longer, it’s more affordable than hair laser removal and its super quick and easy ummmm….. well if you go to the right place. But we won’t lie to you. Sometimes and depending on the sensitivity of your skin you will get the awful after Waxing Rash. Don’t panic it last only between 2 to 3 days, it is a small inflammation of the hair folliculs. Don’t let this stop you from getting fabulous smooth looking skin. Here is how to prevent and avoid the After Waxing Rash:
- Do not get waxed if you have a sun burn or your skin is already irritated . No respectable establishment would wax you anyway if they notice the waxing could harm you.
- After waxing avoid clothing that might rub against the waxed area causing irritation
- Apply a soothing ointment right after your treatment, it makes a world of difference we recommend an aloe vera cream or gel.
- If you already have your the rash an ointment that contains polymyxin B sulfate and bacitracin zinc will help reduce the inflammation of the follicles. You can purchase it in any pharmacy.
This few steps will improve your waxing experience for sure.
Happy waxing Cherish Body Family.